Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Stove Ring Stains Begone


Anyone else love makeovers where they do half of one side and leave the other as is? And before/afters? Well this is one of those! I'm a pinterest "addict" and decided it was time to try some oft documented hints from the DIY. Well the tip was useless as intended -- it said my horrid old cookie sheet was going to sparkle like a brand new diamond! All I had to do was to mix hydrogen peroxide with baking soda and watch the magic work! Sadly all my effort was to no avail! It did not work at all.

But I did have some dirty burner rings and thought I'd use the leftover solution on that and to my surprise it was amazing - almost effortless. Much easier than stainless steel wool pads! Not as messy and hardly any scrubbing required! The magic continued with the burner pan (see pic - before/after)! Baking Soda has always been my number one friend in the kitchen and bathroom but I've never used hydrogen peroxide before. After this experiment I plan to always keep some in stock right alongside my baking soda!






No comments:

Post a Comment